Monday 13 June 2011

counting my blessings

I totally made it through another day. Yesterday sucked! Today, I'm OK. I mean, I'm not awesome. Deep down inside I'm pretty empty but on the surface I'm doing just fine. Painting really helped. It's true that keeping busy heals.

I'm counting my blessings.

My Mum has been the BEST Mum ever through this whole ordeal. I never knew Mums could be so great.

My team at work, the women that report to me, are just wonderful. They don't know anything about any of this, and they all have a bunch of really difficult things going on in their lives, but they're just great. Fun, supportive, kind, talented, wonderful.

My house is great. I'm so lucky to have it and I have so many dreams and plans to make it home. The water view is a dream come true.

I'm making new friends. Slowly. Carefully.

I'm strong. Damned strong. Even though this whole thing has nearly crushed my, my capacity to endure, withstand, stand up, move forward, still surprises me. I've always been strong. I've never faced anything like this before. I've faced it now and I'm proud to say I'm still strong.

I'll be OK. You'll be OK. We're both in control of our own happiness and I'm going to keep focussing on mine, and try to leave you to worry about yours.

I'll always want the best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment