Monday 2 May 2011

there is love in my life

You don't know but I haven't just lost you. I've also lost most of my friends and found myself at a profound crossroad, with everything that I used to know suddenly unknown, and everything that I used to believe now unbelievable.

I found that at the time I needed my close girlfriends the most, they weren't there. In fact they seemed to think I'd become hard work and too much trouble. Maybe I had. But maybe real friends are those that stick around when you're at your worst because that's when their friendship really counts. They didn't, so I said goodbye.

I've been in different states of shock for five months. Today I had the most delightful, heartfelt, honest, unexpected conversation with an old and dear friend. I remembered - there is love in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment