Monday 11 April 2011

yesterday ... today ... tomorrow

Yesterday I was overwhelmed with gratitude for all the lessons I've learnt - through our relationship and since we broke up. And I was full of gratitude for you - all the love you shared with me and the ways in which you taught me to love.  And so I messaged you and shared my gratitude, and I hope somehow it brought some happiness into your day. Everyone likes to be appreciated, right?

Today I had lunch with a lovely, lovely girlfriend who listened to me as I questioned everything about us, everything I've done, everything I could have done differently. She gave me a soft place to fall - the first time anyone has really reached out to me in nearly five months - and I felt so grateful.

Tomorrow I hope to wake up a little bit lighter in my heart than I've been in a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment